Boyfriend proposes to Bleasdale
She may not have done as well as she hoped in the pole vault final, but Holly Bleasdale is celebrating anyway after being proposed to by her boyfriend.
Bleasdale, 20, from Wigan, said she was "disappointed" by her performance in the Olympic Stadium, finishing in sixth place.
The British record holder was on the verge of tears as she failed her third and final attempt to try for a medal.
However things looked up for her later in the night as she tweeted: "6th in the Olympics and @bradshaaaw proposes to me :) epic day!!!"
Her boyfriend Paul Bradshaw wrote on Twitter: "I have just proposed to @HollyBleasdale and she said yes!!!!! Best day ever!"
Earlier Bleasdale said she was trying to look on the bright side.
She said: "I am trying to look at the positives and to finish in the top eight in my first Olympic final is pretty good, but I am just heartbroken with how it went today.
"I am only 20 and I feel like I could have performed well this year."
- Flooding fears of 1,000 south Northampton homes plan
- Trio jailed for minimum of 52 years for 'degrading' murder of Irthlingborough man
- Man arrested following robbery at Co-op in Earls Barton
- 62-year-old man victim of road rage incident
- Patients warned not to use A&E unless it is an emergency
- Regeneration of Towcester takes a huge step forward