Pilot killed in glider field crash
A man has died after his glider crashed in a field.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Forfar, Angus, at around 12.45pm on Saturday.
Tayside Police said the 59-year-old man was the only person in the aircraft and no-one else was injured.
The force said inquiries are ongoing.
Tayside Fire and Rescue officers said they were called to Drumshade Farm near Kirriemuir, Angus, following a report that a glider may have come down but their services were not needed.
- Football: Cheltenham Town v Northampton Town in pictures
- NTFC is the top trend on Twitter as Northampton fans take to social networks to celebrate
- Firefighters cut open car that hit wall of Cliftonville Care Home in Northampton
- Football: Aidy Boothroyd ready for 'emotional' final
- Football: Northampton Town book Wembley final berth
- Football: Luke Guttridge on target as Northampton Town lead at half time