Wolves beat brave Cas
Warrington survived a superb second-half fightback from Castleford to hold on for a thrilling 40-26 victory and cement second place in the Stobart Super League.
Trailing 34-0 in the 53rd minute, the Tigers rallied, scoring 26 unanswered points to give themselves a chance of an amazing comeback.
But the Wolves were ultimately too strong and sealed the win with a late Stefan Ratchford try.
Wakefield scored 29 unanswered points to beat Huddersfield 35-14 and ruin coach Paul Anderson's first match in charge of the Giants.
Anderson was fast-tracked into the role of head coach following the sacking of Nathan Brown but he was unable to halt a run of results that has seen the Giants win just one of their last nine matches.
Ben Cockayne, Dean Collis, Lee Smith, Richie Mathers, Tim Smith and Danny Kirmond crossed as Wakefield rallied from 14-6 down. Luke George grabbed two tries for the Giants with Eorl Crabtree also going over.
- Pedestrians injured after van collision in Rushden
- Northamptonshire man to appear on Britain's Biggest Hoarders
- Rugby Union: Stephen Myler aims to make mark in history with final glory
- Rugby Union: Luther Burrell looks to enjoy 'surreal' experience
- Football: Kelvin Langmead delight at Northampton Town progress
- Football: Clarke Carlisle announces retirment from football